Contact BB Cloth Diapers Winnipeg
If you would like to arrange to pick up your diapers in Winnipeg we are located at 800 Wolsely Ave, Winnipeg, MB Canada.
If you have any additional questions please don't hesitate to ask
E-mail: [email protected]
I started this business with my mom in 2008 while sewing my daughters diapers together at her dining room table. When we started we decided to call the company Canada's Diaper Ladies, horrible name! I don't know what we were thinking but we clearly didn't spend much time on the name. I hate the name which is why I changed it to BB Cloth Diapers a few years ago.
Following my fathers passing in 2013 my mom quit the business and moved to Toronto.
I kept it going for a few reasons.
The first was that I strongly believed and still do that cloth diapers are a great option.
The second was that I truly believe in the product we created together. A lot of modern cloth diapers are expensive, bulky, shitty to wash (pun intended) and are just way more complex than they need to be.
We created a simple, 100% cotton, one size, affordable, straight forward, trim fitting cloth diapering system where everything needed to diaper a baby all the way from birth to potty came in one 36 diaper kit.
We wanted to make it as cheap and easy as possible for parents to choose cloth over disposables.
The other reason I kept on with the business was the customers! I've been lucky enough to deliver the diapers to a number of our local customers here in Winnipeg and I love them, they're awesome. It's an honor when a new mom trusts me and my diapers over all of the other diapers and cloth diaper companies out there.
Why I'm Quitting
It was a really tough decision. I believe in cloth diapers and the future viability of the product (though I hate where I see the industry going), I believe in the BB/Boobles Bottoms diapers and I have nothing but love and gratitude for the customers. This is why I finally decided to sell off the last BB's and quit:
- Pretty much every cloth diaper site is heavily promoting pocket diapers, singing their praises and never mentioning the many downsides. To me this is a form of lying and I believe it will hurt the industry long term.
- The influx of cheap, made in China pocket diapers being sold in Canada and The U.S
- I look crazy telling people they need 36 diapers when every other site is saying 24. To me washing diapers every day or every other day is not realistic not to mention the added utility and detergent costs.
- I live in a two bedroom apartment with my now 8 year old daughter and I'm sick of looking at the three large industrial sewing machines used to sew the diapers.
- When I started this thing I had a baby, I was engaged and thought I would be having more babies. I've been single for 6 years now and don't plan on getting a man or a baby. It feels more and more difficult to relate to the customers because my lifestyle is quite different from theirs.
- Over the years I have discovered new interests and passions and feel that I have to quit this to move onto other things.
Looking For Good Homes
As I mentioned earlier these last kits are looking for good homes and as I have become increasingly sentimental where this business is concerned I am also placing some conditions on WHO can purchase them.
- The ideal parents would:
- Be committed to using cloth diapers
- Be confindent enough in your ability to master cloth diapers that you are ok with spending $349
- Live in Winnipeg
- Be excited about using cloth diapers!
- Understand that while cloth diapers are more work in the beginning they are less work in the long run
- Either have family and friends who are supportive of your choice OR are ok with doing something different and don't mind explaining your reasons for choosing cloth
- Have some very compelling reasons for wanting to cloth diaper ( financial savings, more natural, early potty training, the environment, less chemicals etc.)